Saturday, May 12, 2012

The time has finally arrived......

For the past three years we have attended Eastern Guilford High School's Talent Show.   Each year it amazes me that these teenagers have the guts to get up in front of their peers and parents and perform.  I am parital to my nephew Aaron's band, Sinthetik Insepshun, but can still appreciate the talent and courage it takes to step on that stage.

The last two years Sinthetik Insepshun has done well but never could quite grasp the brass ring.  This year was different.  I can not explain the anticipation as they called out the top three acts (out of 14) starting with third place.  I think we were all in shock for about 2 1/2 seconds after they said "the winner is.....Sinthetik Insepshun".  Not that we didn't believe they could do it, but that it had finally happened!  I am so proud of all three of them.  Not just for their talent but for their loyalty to each other, dedication and for never giving up.  They are awesome.