Friday, March 15, 2013

The Nose

I need to record this incident in history via my blog.  It seems the only way I chronicle events these days.  On Saturday, March 9th while placing a new rug outside the back door, Gibson Jedediah Murray gave me what we refer to as "a royal headbutt" on his mad dash out the open door to chase a squirrel.  The crack and break were instantaneous as was the bleeding that followed.  The thing I was most upset about was that I was in the cleaning zone when this incident interrupted my mojo.  Aud and I were the only ones home and we had the music pumped up high and were giving the house a good airing out and cleaning.  Aud had to help me to the best of her ability, all the time saying "should I call 9-1-1?".  

I had to wait a few days for the swelling to go down and then the ENT set me up for surgery.  I went under anesthesia yesterday and had my nose put back in place.  No, I do not have any before pictures.  But here is where we stand at this point.  I will get my cast removed on Wednesday and hopefully all will be where it is supposed to be.

 
 
 
 
 
The guilt..........oh the guilt.